Network Systems Engineer
Job Number: 161153
Location: Scott AFB, IL
Position type: Full-time
Trowbridge & Trowbridge is seeking an experienced Network Systems Engineer supporting our DISA GSM-O program who understands operational process and requirements for the design, implementation, test and integration of new and standard network technologies.
- Provides engineering and technical expertise on selected issues relating to the specified telecommunications networks/information systems within the DISN.
- This discipline engages in a broad range of specialized network/system functional areas, such as network systems engineering, network topology planning, network route planning, management of network configurations, and modeling and simulation of the networks/systems.
- Applies specialized knowledge of military unique features, specifically built into the network and its subtending hardware and software, to ensure appropriate support to the warfighter's requirements.
- Based on the needs of the specific telecommunications network/information system supported, responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: Provides technical expertise on the operation, maintenance and management of the hardware, software and/or transmission facilities comprising the network/system.
- Responsible for engineering support to existing and emerging technological enhancements in the specific network/system.
- Applies engineering expertise to interface the network with other Host Nation, or tactical networks/systems.
- May be required to have knowledge of the operations and management of tactical systems the extent required to ensure interoperability with the strategic systems.
- Performs network modeling and simulation using commercial or Government-unique modeling and simulation tools.
- Interfaces with other technical experts on network performance, based on Department of Defense criteria, and recommends additions/deletions/reconfigurations.
- Researches, analyzes and/or develops reports of network/system operations, functions, or performance; network topology plans/changes; network route plans/changes; configurations, etc.
- Coordinates with other technical experts to formulate implementation plans for the insertion of new technologies into the network/system, support evolving Government requirements.
- Implements or extends advanced intelligent network features into the network/system.
- Applies systems engineering disciplines to the provisioning of new service offerings over the network/system, often specifically tailored with military unique features.
- Applies knowledge of the functions, interface criteria and special handling requirements of cryptographic systems used in the network.
- Experience with one of more: alarm surveillance, fault management, configuration management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
- Experience in remotely configuring networking or transport devices.
- Ability to map IP addresses and subnets for networking devices or ability to establish in-band/out of band management connections on transport devices.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: IP routing, QoS, traffic engineering, DNS; ATM switching; TDM switching; Optical; Crypto; Network appliances (WAN acceleration, etc).
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Requires expertise in one or more of the following devices/vendors: CISCO, Juniper, Promina, Safenet, Ciena, Sycamore, Ericsson.
- Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes.
- Experience with network systems engineering, network topology planning, network route planning, management of network configurations, and network modeling and simulation.
- Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Security+ or other 8570 IAT Level 2 compliant certification.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an award-winning woman-owned and managed small business providing premier IT, cloud computing, cyber security, and unified communications services to the Federal Government in the civilian, defense, and health markets. We sustain vital systems and respond to emerging requirements for IT modernization, with broad experience supporting the mission-critical, performance-driven demands of our clients. Our success has capitalized upon our commitment to an employee-centric corporate culture with a conscience.
At T&T we believe in investing in our employees. T&T provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance coverage, 401 (k) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and holiday and birthday recognition programs.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.