McAfee Endpoint Engineer Expert
Job number: 171033
Location: Washington, DC
Trowbridge & Trowbridge is seeking a McAfee Endpoint Engineer to join our outstanding T&T team in Washington, DC.
In this position, you will be responsible for designing, testing, configuration, deployment, management, testing and support of whitelisting McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection (CEE). The McAfee Endpoint Engineer is also responsible for monitoring, configuration changes, documentation, and reporting. This includes all software and hardware installation related to the server platforms required to support back-end infrastructure.
- Providing guidance on information governance and data protection within the McAfee CEE system.
- Collect and compile business and technical requirements.
- Design, testing, configuring, deploying, manage, testing and providing support of whitelisting McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection (CEE).
- Troubleshooting and resolve all whitelisting related issues.
- Providing design documentation and SOPs for implementing and managing the whitelisting components.
- Five (5) years of experience being responsible for administering, operating, maintaining, and securing a large-scale computer network, including two (2) years in a technical leadership or supervisory role.
- Three (3) years of experience in supporting a complex back-end firewall infrastructure environment covering all aspects of firewall administration such as hardware, operating system, encryption tunnels, gateway-to-gateway VPNs, TCP port exemptions, day-to-operations of firewall rule sets, backup and restoration of management consoles, firewall OS, and rule sets.
- Two (2) years of experience troubleshooting network problems and providing solutions.
- Two (2) years of progressive experience in Configuration & Change Management (CCM).
- Two (2) years of progressive experience in supporting all aspects of remote access using broadband and dial-up services.
- One (1) year of experience in performing varied aspects of administration, operation and maintenance of a mid-sized enterprise level data center.
- One (1) year of progressive experience supporting a large network comprising business DSL based gateway-to-gateway VPN, MPLS and point-to-point services.
- Practical experience with implementing McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection (CEE) from the planning stage.
- Knowledge of McAfee Application Control, ePolicy Orchestrator, Virus Scan Enterprise and McAfee Agent is required.
- 4+ years of proven technical support experience with McAfee CEE or similar tools.
- Knowledgeable in Windows, Unix/Linux and Mac OS X Operating Systems.
- Proficient in Network Communications Protocols (TCP/IP, RADIUS, SMTP, BGP, SNMP, HTTP/HTTPS, LDAP, Netflow).
- Experience with McAfee ePO, HIPS, Virus Scan, Web Gateway, DLP (host & Network).
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in various McAfee Endpoint and Network products.
- Ability to write technical documentation and briefings.
- Familiarity with mitigation strategies for various cyber threats.
- Ability to provide knowledge transfer to customer staff for deployed McAfee product sets.
- Knowledge of McAfee HBSS, System Administration, Network Administration, Network Security, Threat Assessment.
- Ability to implement McAfee Endpoint and Network based solutions across the enterprise.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
Education and/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- DISA HBSS Admin Course.
- Security + CE.
- Certified McAfee Security Specialist ePO (CMSS-ePO).
- Certified McAfee Security Specialist HIPS (CMSS-HIPS).
- Must be able to achieve and maintain a Public Trust
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an award-winning woman-owned and managed small business providing premier IT, cloud computing, cyber security, and unified communications services to the Federal Government in the civilian, defense, and health markets. We sustain vital systems and respond to emerging requirements for IT modernization, with broad experience supporting the mission-critical, performance-driven demands of our clients. Our success has capitalized upon our commitment to an employee-centric corporate culture with a conscience.
At T&T we believe in investing in our employees. T&T provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance coverage, 401 (k) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and holiday and birthday recognition programs.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.