Network Access Control (NAC) Engineer
Job number: 171032
Trowbridge & Trowbridge is seeking a Network Access Control (NAC) Engineer to join our outstanding T&T team in Washington, DC.
In this position, you will be responsible for designing, testing, configuration, deployment, management, testing and support of ForeScout NAC appliances. The NAC engineer will also be responsible for monitoring configuration changes, accounts, user profiles, group profiles and policy for different posture.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Practical experience with implementing ForeScout Counter ACT from planning stage.
- Knowledge of NAC technologies, ForeScout Counter ACT preferred, Cisco ISE and Aruba ClearPass optional.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the customer’s NAC solution.
- Knowledge of routing, switching, 802.1Q VLAN, VPN, LAN, WAN and network security required.
- Knowledge of Cisco switch platforms and configuring security features required.
- Strong knowledge of SNMP and how interact with NAC appliances and switches required.
- Five (5) years of experience being responsible for administering, operating, maintaining, and securing a large-scale computer network, including two (2) years in a technical leadership or supervisory role.
- Three (3) years of experience in supporting a complex back-end firewall infrastructure environment covering all aspects of firewall administration such as hardware, operating system, encryption tunnels, gateway-to-gateway VPNs, TCP port exemptions, day-to-operations of firewall rule sets, backup and restoration of management consoles, firewall OS, and rule sets.
- Two (2) years of experience troubleshooting network problems and providing solutions.
- Two (2) years of progressive experience in Configuration & Change Management (CCM).
- Two (2) years of progressive experience in supporting all aspects of remote access using broadband and dial-up services.
- One (1) year of experience in performing varied aspects of administration, operation and maintenance of a mid-sized enterprise level data center.
- One (1) year of progressive experience supporting a large network comprising business DSL based gateway-to-gateway VPN, MPLS and point-to-point services.
- Be able to create detailed reports on status of NAC appliances and their usage including rogue assets, endpoint compliance, and inventory of discovered assets.
- Collect and compile business and technical requirements.
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.1x required.
- Be able to troubleshoot and provide solution for all NAC related issues.
- Be able to document design and operating procedure for managing the NAC appliances.
Education and/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Equivalent related experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- CISCO Cert(s) i.e. CCNP or CCDP desired
- Must be able to achieve and maintain a Public Trust
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an award-winning woman-owned and managed small business providing premier IT, cloud computing, cyber security, and unified communications services to the Federal Government in the civilian, defense, and health markets. We sustain vital systems and respond to emerging requirements for IT modernization, with broad experience supporting the mission-critical, performance-driven demands of our clients. Our success has capitalized upon our commitment to an employee-centric corporate culture with a conscience.
At T&T we believe in investing in our employees. T&T provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance coverage, 401 (k) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and holiday and birthday recognition programs.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.