Job Title System Administrator - VMware
Job number: 171037
Location: China Lake, CA
Position Type: Full-Time
Trowbridge & Trowbridge is seeking a VMware System Administrator to join our outstanding T&T team in China Lake, CA.
The VMware Systems Administrator will provide virtualization support for the Integrated Air Defense System (IADS) project(s) and collaborate with network administrators, IT and Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) personnel.
- Maintain lab security posture by working directly with the ISSO to resolve security issues.
- Provide regular reporting to the lab manager regarding current tasking and progress of tasks.
- Deploy and configure virtual machines and templates.
- Deploy and configure vCenter Server Appliance.
- Backup and restore vCenter Server.
- Examine vCenter Server permissions and roles.
- Manage vCenter Server inventory, objects, and licenses.
- Configure and manage virtual networks.
- Configure switch security and load balancing.
- Create and manage VMFS and NFS datastores.
- Modify, clone, upgrade, and remove virtual machines from the vCenter Server inventory and datastore.
- Customize virtual machines using customization specification files.
- Update vSphere, vCenter, and ESXi servers.
- Create patch baselines.
- Scan and remediate hosts.
- Interpret and implement DoD DON IT security policy and compliance measures.
- Install, operate, and maintain DoD standard security toolsets (ACAS, HBSS, etc.).
- Implement appropriate STIGS, IAVA/B/M patch management, and work with ISSE and user community to either remediate or mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Interface with IA support staff on matters of information assurance to support and maintain Certification and Accreditation (C&A) efforts.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and interface with vendor and other technical support representatives as needed.
- Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, create users and groups, review log files, diagnose and solve permission issues, monitor performance, and troubleshoot alerts from DoD, commercial, opens source, and local monitoring tools.
- VMware certification, or a minimum two (2) years VMware specific support.
- Hands-On experience with installing and repairing desktop PCs and/or servers using Windows 7/10.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with a proven history of working in a progressive IPT environment.
- Compliance with DoD 8570/8140 is required.
- Working knowledge of Windows 7/10 operating systems.
- Ability to do hardware upgrades and software patches on workstations and servers.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with a variety of backup solutions and audit logs.
- Familiarity with major PC software packages such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and experience with installing software and willing to learn other software packages.
- Experience with workstations, Windows development, system security, servers, and networking in a Windows environment.
- Experience in writing scripts also desired.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Education and/or Certifications
- Requires four (4) years of college work in a computer or technical discipline in addition to 10 years’ experience.
- Certification in VMware, Microsoft Windows 7/10, or Server 2008/2012 and COMPTIA Security+ within 60 days of hire required.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Current active or interim security clearance with SSBI investigation is required.
- The typical schedule is:
- Flex Schedule: 44/36 alternating work weeks. Which include:
- 9 hour work days Mon-Thursday.
- 8 hour work day for working Fridays.
- Every other Friday is a non-work day.
- Typical day is 7am-5pm with one hour for lunch.
- Attire is desert casual. Long pants, enclosed shoes, button or polo style shirt.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an award-winning woman-owned and managed small business providing premier IT, cloud computing, cyber security, and unified communications services to the Federal Government in the civilian, defense, and health markets. We sustain vital systems and respond to emerging requirements for IT modernization, with broad experience supporting the mission-critical, performance-driven demands of our clients. Our success has capitalized upon our commitment to an employee-centric corporate culture with a conscience.
At T&T we believe in investing in our employees. T&T provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance coverage, 401 (k) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and holiday and birthday recognition programs.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.