Job Title Switching System Administrator
Job number: 171042
Location: Fort Hood, TX
Position Type: Full-Time
Trowbridge & Trowbridge is seeking a Switching System Administrator to join our outstanding T&T team in Fort Hood, TX.
The Switch Technician is responsible for the advanced installation, operation, and maintenance of switching, data communications, and peripheral equipment associated with the Nortel CS2100/SL100 at the customer’s site.
- Coordinating, installing, testing, and troubleshooting of transmission facilities (OC192, OC48, OC12, OC3, T3, T1, and DSO).
- Troubleshooting, upgrading, and administering multiple vendor systems; maintaining system applications.
- Ensuring quality customer service.
- Providing support to a varied user community; updating daily logs with site specific information; and composing clear and concise reports for customer documentation.
- The Switch Technician is expected to perform his/her duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues within the following Nortel Product Lines: Nortel Meridian CS2100 platform, CS1000 platforms, Communications Server 1000 series, Call Pilot, Symposium Call Center Server, Meridian Mail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following technologies and/or platforms:
- Voice switch infrastructure experience including Nortel CS1000 and M1.
- Digital communications including: OCx, DS1, DS3, Fiber, ISDN, VoIP.
- Operating systems and applications including: Windows, MS Office.
- Computer support experience including: PC hardware and configurations, troubleshooting.
- Power experience including, Lorain, DC distribution systems, troubleshooting.
- Telecom experience including: T1 and DACS.
- Demonstrated knowledge of complex programming and troubleshooting of telephony switches and voicemail systems including Nortel CS2100, CS1000, SL100, MG9K, CISCO SONET, Call Pilot, Lucent SLC-2000 Fiber Mux and DDM 2000, ADAS, ACD, K&R TMS, Secure Logix.
- Functions include SERVORD, OSSGATE, ACD routing, understanding and deciphering complex translations.
- Familiarity with U.S. Federal Government customers
- Intermediate training in at least 3 of the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support, project management, and/or power.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems, stored program control is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LAN/WAN protocols is required.
- General knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment is required.
- Experience and knowledge of transmission facilities (OC192, OC48, OC12, OC3, T3, T1, and DSO) is required.
- Analysis of cost alternatives for multiple solutions and development of plans based on best practices is required.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on applications are required.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours and support on-call duties.
- Knowledge of ISP, OSP and Fiber Optic cable installation and testing is required.
- Shall have the appropriate Nortel training and certifications for support of the CS2100 and SL100 equipment.
- Associate’s Degree in a computer or technical discipline. Substitution two (2) years of college work in a computer or technical discipline and three (3) years of Switching experience, and applicable certifications.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Position requires current active DOD Secret Clearance.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an award-winning woman-owned and managed small business providing premier IT, cloud computing, cyber security, and unified communications services to the Federal Government in the civilian, defense, and health markets. We sustain vital systems and respond to emerging requirements for IT modernization, with broad experience supporting the mission-critical, performance-driven demands of our clients. Our success has capitalized upon our commitment to an employee-centric corporate culture with a conscience.
At T&T we believe in investing in our employees. T&T provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance coverage, 401 (k) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and holiday and birthday recognition programs.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.