Job Title: Front-End Developer
Job number: 171047
Location: Washington, DC
Position Type: Full-Time
Trowbridge & Trowbridge is seeking a Front-End UI/UX Developer to join our outstanding T&T team in Washington, DC.
The Front-End UI/UX Developer will be responsible for design, development, and implementation of web-based Java applications to support business requirements. Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates user-centric designs and develops enduring technical solutions. Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Uses experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining web-based Java applications that support business requirements and achieve high levels of quality and end-user satisfaction.
- Participates as a member of the design review board to review designs for new development and provide feedback and guidance with regards to user interface design.
- Develops creative solutions and functional prototypes to demonstrate proof of concepts and to enable rapid iterative testing of design ideas.
- Develops and creates UI elements (such as dropdowns, form controls, or other UI elements) for re-use by the developers.
- Responsible for the implementation of a consistent CSS strategy, building CSS as needed, and ensuring CSS standards are followed throughout the application.
- Provide guidance to help development team to ensure delivery of a product which aligns with Section 508 accessibility regulations.
- Familiarity with technical issues around web development and ability to work constructively with software development teams.
- Ability to provide a portfolio or samples of professional work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to work effectively with Project Managers and team members to provide support as both an independent operator and team player.
- Must present a professional manner and be comfortable briefing the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Assistant CIOs on recommendations and solutions.
- Experience in Axure RP or similar tools for the creation of mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies.
- Experience with frameworks, including, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Backbone JS, Node JS, Responsive Design, Test Driven Design.
- Experience developing Java applications for Sun servers, Linux servers and Oracle databases is required.
- Experience with WebLogic, JBoss, Java, J2EE, Servlets/JSPs, Sun’s JDK, Eclipse, Struts, Swing, EJB 3.0, JDBC, XML and XSL is preferred.
Education and/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years or Master’s Degree and 3+ years of relevant work experience in front-end development work experience is required.
- Must be a US Citizen or current Green Card Holder who currently has an Active NACLC on file and who can obtain and maintain a Public Trust.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an award-winning woman-owned and managed small business providing premier IT, cloud computing, cyber security, and unified communications services to the Federal Government in the civilian, defense, and health markets. We sustain vital systems and respond to emerging requirements for IT modernization, with broad experience supporting the mission-critical, performance-driven demands of our clients. Our success has capitalized upon our commitment to an employee-centric corporate culture with a conscience.
At T&T we believe in investing in our employees. T&T provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance coverage, 401 (k) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and holiday and birthday recognition programs.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.