Job Title: Java Developer
Job number: 171048
Location: Washington, DC
Position Type: Full-Time
Trowbridge & Trowbridge is seeking a Java Developer to join our outstanding T&T team in Washington, DC.
The Java Developer will design, develop, and implement web-based Java applications to support business requirements and achieve high levels of quality and end-user satisfaction.
- Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Provides leadership and expertise in extremely complex internal systems, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology.
- Participates in the full development life cycle including requirements analysis & documentation, design, development, testing and deployment of Java -based applications and web sites.
- Assists in creation and execution of project plans.
- Participates in code reviews to ensure applications support existing architecture and follows the defined framework guidelines and coding standards.
- Develops creative solutions and functional prototypes to demonstrate proof of concepts and to enable rapid confirmation of design ideas.
- Participates as a lead developer in the creation of IT solutions.
- Provides coverage and support of production application systems.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level in selected disciplines of IT architecture. Mentors other developers.
- Utilizes and maintains technical and applications expertise, including the use of technologies, tools, programming standards, established processes and concepts necessary to develop quality IT solutions.
- Evaluates and implements emerging tools and techniques to optimize the IT development process.
- Develops organizational product roadmap, architecture artifacts and delivery strategy for engineering solutions to transform client organizations.
- Effectively liaison between client and corporate stakeholders including managers, software engineers, quality assurance and other technical resources.
- 2-10 years of experience of increasing responsibility as a software engineer/architect is required.
- Demonstrated expertise architecting J2EE Web applications and Web Services. Must have extensive experience with WebLogic, J2EE, Eclipse, Struts, Swing, JSPs, Servlets, EJB 3.0, JDBC, SOA, XML, XSL and Hibernate.
- Experience architecting and designing enterprise-level Java applications for Linux servers and Oracle databases is required.
- Aware of and experienced with latest technology research in key focus areas to ensure the feasibility of technical execution.
- Expertise in designing and building multi-threaded, transactional and distributed systems.
- Must be experienced in the implementation of application frameworks.
- Good working knowledge of software configuration management and continuous integration principles using tools such as Git, SubVersion, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with Agile software development teams and knowledge of the software development lifecycle in a large enterprise environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-directed and motivated with the ability to embrace, support and execute organizational change.
- Must also be able to evangelize technical vision throughout the technical team.
Education and/or Certifications
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Oracle Java Developer Certification.
- Oracle Java Enterprise Architect Certification.
- Scrum Master Certification.
- Must be a US Citizen or current Green Card Holder who currently has an Active NACLC on file and who can obtain and maintain a Public Trust.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an award-winning woman-owned and managed small business providing premier IT, cloud computing, cyber security, and unified communications services to the Federal Government in the civilian, defense, and health markets. We sustain vital systems and respond to emerging requirements for IT modernization, with broad experience supporting the mission-critical, performance-driven demands of our clients. Our success has capitalized upon our commitment to an employee-centric corporate culture with a conscience.
At T&T we believe in investing in our employees. T&T provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance coverage, 401 (k) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and holiday and birthday recognition programs.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.