Job Title: Senior Web Designer
Job number: 171051
Location: Austin, TX
Position Type: Full-Time
Trowbridge & Trowbridge is seeking a Senior Web Designer to join our outstanding T&T team in Austin, TX.
The senior web designer will assure the overall look and feel of a web site are organized and create a management strategy for keeping content fresh and up to date.
- Participate in multi-functional project planning sessions with team members, members of the business unit(s) and requirements analysts to analyze requirements and provide design recommendations. All recommendations shall be provided to the COR/VA PM(s) prior to any implementation or changes.
- Collaborate with technical and business stakeholders and assist in the coordination of activities with other groups and departments.
- Work with project teams to define, design, implement and manage complex project deliverables.
- Translate high-level business needs, cases and models into detailed design specifications.
- Create overall management strategy and oversee implementation.
- All technical documentation shall be provided to the COR/VA PM.
- Use Oracle or SQL Server Databases and .Net or PHP or JAVA software technologies to develop Internet and intranet web services and web page applications.
- Prepare and present status updates for projects. Assist in managing small projects.
- Design and develop new software applications and modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with specifications and industry standards.
- Develop and design new cross-functional software systems using disciplined software development processes (i.e. prototyping).
- Recognize and apply recurring development patterns within the functional area of responsibility to foster increased efficiency in systems development. Maintain code reuse library.
- Coordinate and manage the development of enterprise distributed systems using modular and object oriented techniques.
- Conduct and design complex systems integration testing activities and implement multiple application modules the team has developed or modified, ensuring the application meets the needs of the business client.
- Provide Tier III support to National Help Desk within their area of expertise and supports issues in their area referred by system developers.
- Research new and emerging technologies.
- The Contractor shall provide input to enterprise technical strategy and makes recommendations for new tools, technologies and platforms to be included.
- All recommendations shall be provided to the COR/VA PM prior to any implementation or changes.
- Maintain Technical Architecture Standards for enterprise-wide implementation.
- Maintain Technical Quality guidelines and standards for enterprise-wide implementation.
- Assist in training Government staff and System Developers as an SME.
- Proactively work with Product Development, Service Desk, and other teams, ensuring that the SDM knowledge base contains accurate and current lessons learned and “how to” information.
- Five (5) years’ senior-level web design experience.
- Should have up to date knowledge on all current software tools available.
- Experience in working with customer requirements and creating web sites.
- Experience with the using multiple different web tools to determine best approach for web page creation, operations, management, and maintenance.
Education and/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related scientific technical discipline or 8 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Requires Public Trust Security Clearance.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an award-winning woman-owned and managed small business providing premier IT, cloud computing, cyber security, and unified communications services to the Federal Government in the civilian, defense, and health markets. We sustain vital systems and respond to emerging requirements for IT modernization, with broad experience supporting the mission-critical, performance-driven demands of our clients. Our success has capitalized upon our commitment to an employee-centric corporate culture with a conscience.
At T&T we believe in investing in our employees. T&T provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance coverage, 401 (k) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and holiday and birthday recognition programs.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.