Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
Job number: 171052
Location: St. Louis, MO
Position Type: Full-Time
Trowbridge & Trowbridge is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join our outstanding T&T team in St. Louis, MO.
The Senior System Administrator has the thorough knowledge to create plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks are efficient.
- Manages teams of system administrators and can prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources.
- The Contractor shall provide 24x7x365 storage administration for storage platforms including Hewlett Packard (HP), Hitachi, EMC, SUN and NetApp hardware, providing storage to International Business Machines (IBM) OS/390 and Open Systems operating system software to support the SDE EO infrastructure requirements to ensure 24/7X365 availability.
- provide support in various enterprise storage management software including:
- HP Command View
- HP StorageWorks Performance Advisor
- HP Web Console
- EMC Control Center
- EMC Timefinder
- EMC SRDF
- Symmetrix Manager
- Symmetrix Optimizer
- Workload Analyzer
- SAN Manager
- EMC Navisphere
- Storage Scope
- Storage Scope File Level Reporter
- SAN Advisor
- Cisco Fabric Manager
- Serve as Connectrix Manager and Automated Resources Manager utilizing GUI and command line utilities.
- Individual selected for this position must be a NetApp storage senior systems administrator.
- Install and configure the storage host software
- Has extensive knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems.
- Provision and decommission SAN storage in accordance with the SDE EO approval process.
- Configure and maintain the SAN storage environment to include switches, ensuring connectivity back to the server.
- Maintain and maximize the storage infrastructure providing optimal availability, performance and disaster recovery readiness.
- Develop, monitor and maintain the replication cycles for those customers that require a mission
- critical or essential disaster recovery plan.
- Participate in the planning and execution of bi-annual Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Develop and maintain storage capacity and chargeback reports in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot storage failures working closely with the host System Administrators and product
- Contractors to obtain a long-term resolution.
- Diagnose and resolve complex problems involving software, servers, storage arrays, directors and switches.
- Develop and maintain problem tracking and resolution via prescribed SDE EO methodology.
- Monitor service results to identify common problems and/or trends in providing a proactive service support program, preventing potential problems.
- Evaluate performance benchmarks, monitor workload and analyze results to ensure storage systems optimization.
- Maintain pace with changing technology and make recommendations for upgrades as needed.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of storage administration and customer support through proper configuration of hardware and software. All recommendations shall be provided to COR/VA. PM(s) prior to any implementation.
- Assist in developing and documenting enterprise storage SOPs including software configuration, implementation plans, and other various storage processes and procedures.
- Manage accounts and access to the storage management software.
- Manage the installation and integration of the storage fixes, updates, and enhancements. Plan and schedule installation of new or modified storage software. Research, test, and evaluate the impact of upgrades or changes.
- Participate in user group meetings, or conduct specialized training or assist other installations in problem-solving or storage management.
- Conduct briefings on storage related hardware/software developments and technology advances to senior systems analysts, system programmers, database administrators and managers.
- Coordinate all work with the SDE EO application programmers, systems programmers, and database administrators assigned to coordinate the applications, databases, and hardware platforms.
- Provide a weekly project status report covering assigned projects.
- Six (6) plus years of experience in Storage Administrator or Storage Engineer role.
- Strong expertise in Quantum storage systems.
- Strong expertise in Commvault storage systems.
- Strong expertise in NAS and SAN based storage systems.
- Strong experience with Cisco MDS 9513 SAN multilayer directors.
- Experience with GxP validated environments is a plus.
- Experience with Quantum’s intelligent Scalar® i6000 tape libraries.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing with a variety of different audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate multiple tasks and projects.
- Dependable and adaptable.
- Excellent problem solving and research abilities.
- Close attention to detail.
- Team oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Proven interpersonal communication and analytical skills.
Education and/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required with 5 years of experience or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Requires Public Trust Security Clearance.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an award-winning woman-owned and managed small business providing premier IT, cloud computing, cyber security, and unified communications services to the Federal Government in the civilian, defense, and health markets. We sustain vital systems and respond to emerging requirements for IT modernization, with broad experience supporting the mission-critical, performance-driven demands of our clients. Our success has capitalized upon our commitment to an employee-centric corporate culture with a conscience.
At T&T we believe in investing in our employees. T&T provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance coverage, 401 (k) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and holiday and birthday recognition programs.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.